Image source, Getty Images
Caption:

Travis Scott of Travis Scott Rapper said that the Astroworld Festival tragedy left him devastated

The brain death of a student, who was at the Astroworld concert in Texas that saw eight deaths has been confirmed.

Eightteen to 27-year-olds were among the victims of a crowd crush at the event last weekend. Hundreds more were hurt, one nine-year old being in a coma.

Now doctors have confirmed that the brain activity of a 22-year old woman, who had been admitted for treatment since the concert has ended, does not appear to be impaired.

This news is coming after Travis Scott, a Houston fire chief said that Travis Scott should have stopped the show sooner.

Samuel Peña told NBC: “Everybody at that event had a responsibility…..From the artist on down.”

According to the artist, he felt “devastated” and wanted to assist victims’ families.

Kylie Jenner, a media personality and businesswoman, was the partner of the victim. They only found out about fatalities later.

The nine-year old boy, who was left with severe injuries from the incident, is now fighting for his survival.

A lawyer representing the family stated that “this young child will experience life-altering trauma as a result of his purchase of concert tickets.”

  • Astroworld disaster: Did warning signs get missed?
  • Astroworld: Which victims were there?

According to police, the victims were crushed by a crowd of people near the stage around 21:30 p.m. local time.

Scott kept performing for about 40 minutes more, and eventually finished the set around 15 to 20 minutes earlier than the scheduled time.

He can be seen in concert footage interrupting his performance and asking for assistance for an unconscious fan. In another video, however, he questions why he stopped. “Y’all are aware of what you’re here to do,” he said.

“At one stage there was an ambulance which was trying to maneuver through the crowd. The artist has command of that crowd,” Mr Peña, the chief of the Houston Fire Department, told NBC’s Today show.

He added, “The artist can halt a performance if he sees that something is going on. Turn on the lights, and tell us that we won’t continue until that thing is solved.”

Scott posted an Instagram video that followed the tragedy. He said he was heartbroken and “sending prayers for the lost”

He said, “My fans truly mean the world to my,”. “Anytime I couldn’t make out what was going on, I stopped the show and helped the people in need. “I could not imagine how severe the situation was.”

Scott, one the greatest names in hip-hop music launched Astroworld together with concert promoters Live Nation.

There were lawsuits filed on Monday alleging that Scott, surprise performer Drake and Live Nation incited the crowd to Friday’s concert, as well as that Live Nation didn’t provide enough safety precautions.

The police launched an investigation. They also looked into reports that someone in the audience had been injecting others with drugs.

A number of concertgoers needed to be revived by anti-drug medication. This included a security officer who was said to have an injection mark at his neck.

Source: BBC.com

Share Your Comment Below

[gs-fb-comments]

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here